Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Enroll Your Grandchild in School


Enroll Your Grandchild in School  - Tip 2

Here's where the legal help comes into play. In some states, you'll need legal custody to enroll your grandchild; in others, you simply need proof that the child is living with you.

And, don't let your involvement end at the dotted line. Go beyond paperwork, by talking to teachers, principals, and counselors about your family. Although her 14-year-old grandson "about threw a fit" when she showed up at school with cookies last year, grandmother Piretta Patterson says doing so put a face on her family. "I know if I show up at that school and they see and know my situation, they will call me when something happens," says Piretta, who still volunteers with the school system. "Again, you just have to say, 'This is my situation. I need your help here.'"

From: grandparents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment